- David is a graduate of Mississippi College (1968) with a Bachelor of Science degree, majoring in Accounting with a minor in Economics.
- A CPA is required to attend at least 40 hours of continuing professional education annually. Most recently, David attended courses on taxation, auditing, accounting, and information technology.
- Our staff members also receive continuing education on individual and business tax returns each year prior to tax season
- During the last 10 years, David has operated a local CPA firm in Richmond Hill, Georgia that offers traditional CPA Services, locally and globally.
- He has 31 years of Federal government audit experience with the U.S. Army Audit Agency and the Veterans Administration. These audits encompassed: Financial, Operational, Compliance, Internal Controls, and Contracts.
- He served as chief accountant for the City of Jackson Mississippi Housing and Redevelopment Authority. These programs were funded by the U.S. Housing and Urban Development Agency.
- David also has four years experience as a senior auditor with a national “Big Four” CPA firm, working on not-for-profit audit engagements.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Georgia Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Louisiana Society of Certified Public Accountants (inactive)
- Certified Government Financial Manager (CGFM)
- Association of Government Accountants (AGA)
- Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA)
As a member of these organizations, we are required to undergo a periodic peer review every three years of selected audits, reviews, and compilation reports. The reviewer also reviews our operations and practices to ensure consistency and adherence to professional standards including a review of our continuing professional education.